Position Summary: Responsible for the overall day to day of the Customer Service department. Responsible for oversight of personnel including training, evaluation, and documentation of performance. Maintains departmental operating policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety. Maintains departmental expenses and productivity as budgeted.
General Description and Essential Functions:
- Hires and directs departmental staff in the performance of their duties.
- Interviews all prospective applicants for department
- Oversees departmental general orientation and training of employees
- Conducts competency testing and performance appraisals for employees in a timely manner
- Counsels employees when indicated in accordance with PAL and departmental policies
- Utilizes staff effectively through scheduling and work assignments.
- Complete all payroll for staff weekly
- Oversees and maintains the following departmental programs
- Institutes and revises departmental policies and procedures as needed
- Develops and maintains departmental quality assurance and quality control programs, taking corrective action when indicated.
- Establish metrics of standards in the department to improve processes
- Follows and enforces all safety policies
- Assists with continuing education programs within the laboratory
- Utilizes the following tools to manage departmental resources
- Maintains expenses within a budgeted variance
- Identifies and recommends items for capital purchase
- Monitors departmental productivity with call monitoring software
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to provide quality customer service
- Ability to competently resolve customer issues
Ability to be flexible with schedule. Shifts range anywhere from 6:30AM-8PM, must be able to supervise and cover for shifts when needed.
Performs miscellaneous duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax