- Responsible for the proper identification of patients and specimens following CCPL policy and procedure for patient identification and labeling.
- Responsible for the daily resolution of testing issues between the laboratory and the providers/patients.
- Responsible for the daily resolution of Fax Back issues/Attaching Results for all miscellaneous send outs.
- Responsible for proper collection and handling and post care of patient samples.
- Responsible for accurate accessioning and logging in of patient specimens and challenges.
- Properly inputs patient demographics, correct codes (test, diagnoses) and provider in the laboratory computer system.
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows guidelines for sharps safety.
- Follows all Standard Precaution guidelines.
- Organizes and coordinates specimens, and paperwork, including: filing, sorting and storing of specimens to ensure materials can be located immediately.
- Demonstrates safe practices as trained and participates in on-going safety training per CCPL policy.
- Responsible for customer service such as answering and returning phone calls. Promotes a positive image of CCPL through professional, efficient and pleasant interactions with patients, physicians, provider’s staff and co-workers.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new laboratory employees.
- Identifies and resolves situations needing special attention.
- Ensures proper billing information is communicated to billing department.
- Communicates all customer service issues to supervisor or laboratory manager.
- Participates in laboratory performance improvement initiatives.
- Additional related duties as assigned by Laboratory Supervisor.
- Maintains Weekly/Monthly Pending Lists
- Other duties and special projects as required and requested.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory preferred
- Ability to work the computer system, telephones, copy and fax machines.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Associates of Science Degree or Bachelors of Science degree from accredited college or university preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed