The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing support to the all members of the Finance department and ensures that the financial transactions meet all Company policies, procedures, and controls.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services such as listed below:
- Gather new Vendor information.
- Maintain Vendor files and update electronic files as necessary.
- Receive invoices and properly code to departments and expense codes.
- Data input accounts payable into the computerized accounts payable system via scanning and/or manual entry.
- Upload Accounts Payable files to Great Plains.
- Void checks in Great Plains as needed.
- Assist with weekly check runs and ensuring that payments are properly sent to vendors.
- Ability to sort and file both electronic and paper documents.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Finance Department.
- Assist with monthly close procedures and processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning Company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Professionally represent the company and display positive interaction with all customers, vendors, and co-workers
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax