GENEROUS SIGN-ON BONUS OR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED!!!
General Description and Essential Functions
- In addition to the duties of a CLS:
- Must oversee and ensure Laboratory is in compliance with all Federal, State, HIPAA, CAP, and CLIA regulations as well as Company Compliance Policies.
- Required to conduct monthly staff meetings to convey Laboratory and Safety Issues.
- Responsible for scheduling of staff
- Along with the Technical Supervisors, oversees performance of tests in fields of microbiology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, and serology;
- Along with the Technical Supervisors, evaluates and modifies department's policies and procedures for review by Director of Laboratory, VP of Clinical Laboratory Operations, or designee;
- Under supervision of the VP of Clinical Laboratory Operations and along with the Technical Supervisors, plans, designs, and directs installation of new or improved laboratory techniques;
- Prepares or directs preparation of various qualitative and quantitative reports and records;
- Consults on work in progress and completed work to assure accuracy;
- Directs quality of work produced and evaluates laboratory procedures for maximum proficiency and accuracy;
- Monitors, implements, or oversees the proper storage of hazardous materials and the aspects of the laboratory safety program;
- As needed will perform specialized and more difficult tests and procedures.
- Must complete all performance appraisals due in the applicable month, quarter, or other established guideline.
- Responsible for all technical areas of the laboratory.
- Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for medical technology students and personnel;
- Supports Sales and Service Representatives by communicating or visiting clients as requested or needed.
- Must complete all performance appraisals due in the applicable quarter, month, or other established guideline.
- Must carry out the supervisory functions of all staff members including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance appraisals, employee recognition, coaching, interviewing, warnings, etc.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational training