Duties will include picking up and delivering specimens and supplies from San Luis Obispo to Santa Fe Springs (Los Angeles County) nightly.
- Performs pick-up and delivery service of test samples, supplies, and reports within a specified route
- Ensures proper transport of items to and from Laboratory to maintain specimen integrity
- Maintains accurate route sheets for audit of reports, supplies, and specimens including time and number of specimens
- Will follow Central Coast Pathology Laboratory’s Vehicular Driver Safety Standards, SOP# 9.095, and applicable governmental motor vehicle operation laws and regulations;
- Performs weekly safety and operational check on the vehicle typically assigned and reports problems to the supervisor
- Maintains contact with Transportation Supervisor, Laboratory, and draw sites via cell phone
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position may require employees to work overtime, weekends, split shifts, varying shift schedules, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable.