Two Part Time Positions
- Cytology Lab Assistant - Monday & Wednesdays 4PM -10PM and every other Friday
- Cytology Lab Assistant - Tuesday & Thursdays 4PM -10PM and every other Friday
Job Title: Cytology Assistant 1
Reports To: Cytology Supervisor
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- Specimen accessioning involving number interpretation, proper labeling and molecular specimen pour off per lab procedure.
- Properly log in requisition information into Power Path Information System
- Prepare Gyn specimens on Hologic (ThinPrep) equipment strictly following manufacturers guidelines
- Cover-slip slides with automated coverslipper
- Prepares specimen slides for ThinPrep Imager (Hologic) instrument per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Change stains following Hologic guidelines prepares solutions, reagents and stains following laboratory formulas and procedures.
- File Cytology slides
- Responsible for customer service related to the laboratory such as answering phones. Promotes a positive image of CCPL through professional, efficient and pleasant interactions with physicians, clients and staff.
- Responsible for maintenance of gyn and non-gyn specimens, including proper disposal of specimens per CCPL policies
- Maintains instruments per manufacturer’s recommendations and CCPL policies and properly logs this maintenance
- Monitors inventory levels and reports order needs to Cytology Supervisor. When orders received store in designated storage area.
- Ensures cleanliness of the cytology laboratory and completion of daily and weekly maintenance logs
- Responsible for proper follow up on requisition data, including properly entering notes in Power Path Information System.
- Responsible for maintaining all safety standards and utilization of safety equipment per CCPL policies
- Responsible for all recycle waste material in laboratory, including breaking down boxes and depositing in recycling bins
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts, overtime and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary. Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational trainingWork Experience and Educational Requirement
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates of Science Degree or Bachelors of Science Degree from accredited college or University preferred.
- Zero-Two years laboratory experience preferred