Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Job Title: Pathology Assistant
Reports To: Pathology Supervisor
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- Completes all send out requests from clients, patients, reference laboratories and/or outside Hospitals and Universities
- Assist with Pathology phone calls (i.e. Pathology discrepancies, updating the report and properly documenting any corrections)
- Complete TC Derm slide labeling and distribution
- Assist with routine morning slide distribution
- Help accession Pathology specimens into Power path, when needed.
- Assist with Histology coverage when needed (i.e. handling and distribution of late orders, IHC’s and special stains)
- Assist with slide refile and imaging department
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position may require employees to work overtime, weekends, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational training
- Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- Zero-Two years laboratory experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required.