California Licensed Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1
West Pacific Medical Laboratory is currently seeking a Certified Phlebotomy Technician to join our team.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patient and collects accurate patient demographics and insurance information.
- Collects reimbursement for work to be performed, explains billing process and accepts monies and credit card payments, when necessary.
- Collect blood specimens from patients of all age groups and physical conditions by venipuncture.
- Adheres to adequate patient identification procedures.
- Centrifuge blood specimens as required by protocol and prepare specimen to maintain specimen integrity for transport.
- Inputting test orders into computer system.
- Must be willing to drive (will pay mileage) – Travel up to 50% when needed
- Professional demeanor with strong customer service
- Self-starter, capable of working alone
- Strong Data entry and computer skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of laboratory tests collection requirements.