Job Title: Phlebotomy Lead
Reports To: Phlebotomy Manager
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- In addition to duties as a CPT 1, employee will:
- Will assist in ensuring the Phlebotomy department is in compliance with Federal, State, HIPAA, CAP, CLIA regulations and all Company Compliance Policies.
- Will monitor staff and performance at Patient Service Centers (PSC). Perform staff development for employees assigned to PSCs in their area.
- Will manage Phlebotomy operating policies and procedures for best practices and companywide consistency.
- Will provide clerical, practical and computer training for PSC employees.
- Will perform quality assurance in each PSC by visiting each site on a regular basis.
- Will contact Phlebotomy staff in a professional manner when errors occur and provide documentation for re-training and counseling issues
- Will report any facility needs to immediate supervisor for address.
- Will work with internal departments to resolve operational and service issues
- Will be responsible for completing all employee competencies for their area.
- Will work with Phlebotomy Manager to complete staff’s evaluations when due.
- Will work daily to address errors, recollects and staff complaints in their area.
- Will be responsible for the scheduling of all staff in their area.
- Will cover shifts at PSCs in their area when short-staffed.
- Will work in a professional and cooperative manner with Phlebotomy Manager to resolve interdepartmental issues or scheduling problems
- Will assist with all NEW PSC’s and when a PSC is being closed
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- Will perform any additional duties assigned by the Phlebotomy Manager
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts, overtime, and holidays if needed by the company. Other duties may apply as necessary. Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational trainingWork Experience and Educational Requirements
- Valid Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 Certificate
- 3-5 years previous experiences in training or lead position preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities to successfully coach and motivate staff while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of a Transportation Courier
- High school graduate or GED required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the employee(s) function in this position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The Company reserves the right to add, delete, or modify assigned duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.