Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- Operate multi-line phone system in a call center environment
- Answer incoming calls from patients, client offices, etc. with a professional and positive demeanor
- Must be able to multi task in a fast paced medical environment adhering to HIPPA and other compliance regulations.
- Answers questions about our organization and provides callers with needed information which includes things such as lab specimen requirements, turnaround times and results status.
- Determine what status an order is in to provide clients with lab results, call on criticals from Stat Connect, and do add on labs.
- Must be a analytical thinker with problem solving capabilities to be able to establish where issues are and how we can improve
- Attention to detail required for data entry for pre registering patients for lab tests while maintaining a low error percentage
- Receives information relating to client pick up and report these to the dispatcher
- Performs other clerical duties as needed such as reporting lists and obtaining additional information from clients/patients.
- Provide quality customer service to clients and team members with an attitude of helpfulness, and respect.
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work overtime, weekends, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company
- Other duties may apply as necessary
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
Work Experience and Educational Requirement
- Two to five years previous experience handling a phone system.
- Two years Customer Service in the medical field preferred.
- Ability to effectively operate general office machines (i.e.: copiers, faxes, and scanning equipment).
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Seacoast, Atlas preferred
- High school graduate or GED required.