5 hours a day Monday - Friday, Evening shift!
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- Under the supervision and control of a Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist may perform the following duties:
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
- Loads patient samples and controls onto automated instruments.
- Prepares, labels, and stores stock and work reagents.
- Performs maintenance on instruments and loads reagents on to the instruments.
- In addition to maintenance, performs QC, possibly order reagents and maintain inventory, and ensures pending list is current at all times.
- May transcribe printed results from the instruments, but cannot obtain any results that require interpreting a reaction, determining a measurement, or any calculation.
- Adheres to all laboratory policies, procedures, and quality assurance programs. Duties will NOT include calibrations, dilution of reagents, standardization and/or interpretation of results.
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position may require employees to work weekends, split shifts, overtime, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings, educational trainingWork Experience and Educational Requirements
- At least two (2) years’ experience in clinical laboratory preferred.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedure is required. Ability to work the computer system, analyzer machines, and telephones.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates of Science Degree or Bachelors of Science degree from accredited college or university preferred