(1) Full time Phlebotomy opening
(1) Part time Phlebotomy opening
(1) PRN Phlebotomy opening
Job Title: Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1
Reports To: Phlebotomy Manager
Status: Non Exempt
General Description and Essential Functions
- Proper identification of patients and specimens following CCPL policy and procedure for patient identification and labeling.
- Proper collection and handling and post care of patients and patient samples
- Accurate accessioning and logging in of patient specimens and challenges. Also accurately inputs patient demographics, and correct codes (test, diagnoses) and provider in the laboratory computer system
- Properly utilizes personal protective equipment and follows all safety and standard protection guidelines
- Organizes and coordinates specimens and paperwork, including: filing, sorting and storing of specimens to ensure materials can be located immediately
- Customer service such as answering phones, greeting patients, and helping patients with questions
- Organizes and prepares specimens for couriers to deliver to the laboratory
- Responsible for reports and supplies requested by documenting request and properly packaging and sending materials with the courier or through other systems.
- Follow all HIPPA and Compliance guidelines
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts, overtime and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Report any on the job injuries to management immediately.
- Complete Media Lab modules when assigned by required date.
- Maintain an average of 12 or less errors a month.
- Service an average of 7-8 patients an hour.
- Physical Capabilities
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Moderate reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Moderate computer work
- Moderate use of telephone and fax
- Work Experience and Educational Requirement
- 1040 hours of on the job experience.
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of a Transportation Courier.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Valid State of California Phlebotomy Certification. Continuing education as dictated by governmental agencies required for certification validity.